M. Tech, Power Electronics
Introduction of Course
Prakasam Engineering College offers 2 year full time Master of Technology degree course in Power Electronics, which is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) ), Delhi and affiliated to JNTU Kakinada.
The M.Tech program in Power Electronic caters to the increasing academic and industry needs in power electronics applications in energy conversion. This Course aims at training graduate engineers in the field of Power Electronics.
This course deals with the state of the art techniques in system-level modeling analysis, design and integration of motor drives. The course also covers advanced topics in micro processors and micro controllers which are very much
needed for today's Power Electronics engineer. Projects of practical relevance in these areas of carried out in the final year of the course.
Future Career Prospect of Power Electronics for Students
- research programmes in Power Electronics and related areas
- employment in R & D organizations related to sustainable technologies
- to work in power electronic circuit design and fabrication industries
- faculty positions in reputed institutions
Highlights about Master of Technology in Power Electronics
A student who has undergone M.Tech. programme in Power Electronics (PE) will
- have an ability to evaluate and analyze problems related to Power Electronic Systems and incorporate the principles in the state of art systems for further improvement
- be able to investigate critical PE problems and to arrive at possible solutions independently, by applying theoretical and practical considerations
- be able to solve PE problems such as switching control, converter design, analysis and control of solid state drives and stability studies
- be able to develop appropriate power converters for sustainable energy technologies
- be able to identify optimal solutions for improvising power conversion and transfer capability, enhancing power quality and reliability through PE based solutions
- be able to evolve new power electronic topologies and control schemes based on literature survey and propose solutions through appropriate research methodologies, techniques and tools, and also by designing and conducting experiments
- be able to work on small, well-defined projects with particular goals to provide real time solutions pertaining to power electronics
- be able to develop, choose, learn and apply appropriate techniques, various resources including sophisticated digital controllers and IT tools for modern power electronic system simulation, including prediction and modelling with
- be able to develop dedicated software for analysing and evaluating specific power electronics and control problems
- be able to participate in collaborative-multidisciplinary engineering / research tasks and work as a team member in such tasks related to PE domain, giving due consideration to ecological and economical intricacies, and lead the
team in specific areas
- be able to confidently interact with the industrial experts for providing consultancy
- be able to pursue challenging professional endeavors based on acquired competence and knowledge
- be a responsible professional with intellectual integrity, code of conduct and ethics of research, being aware of the research outcomes and serve towards the sustainable development of the society
- be capable of examining critically the outcomes of research and development independently without any external drive.