M. Tech, VLSI DESIGN & Embedded Systems
Introduction of Course
Prakasam Engineering College offers 2 year full time Master of Technology degree course in Very Large Scale Integrated (VLSI) Design, which is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) ), Delhi and affiliated to JNTU Kakinada.
Advances in VLSI have today enabled most systems to become compact, highly reliable and deliver data at high speed. The technological advances facilitate the designer to tailor the IC for specific applications (Application Specific Integrated Circuits).
This course aims at preparing students to develop knowledge and skills in VLSI design methodology with a systems perspective in order to facilitate the use of computer-aided design tools for the analysis and design of special-purpose digital and analog circuits and systems. The course will give students capability to understand the requirements of EDA development, library design, analog and mixed signal design, semiconductor chip design, design and verification of ICs, FPGA development and SOC design. Analysis, design and implementation of integrated circuits using standard tools help the students to be industry ready.
Future Career Prospect of VLSI for Students
- The programme curriculum is aimed at VLSI system design (both Front end & Back end designs) covering algorithms, Hardware description Languages, System Architectures, Physical designs, Verification techniques, Simulation & Synthesis, Low power design techniques and mixed mode design methodologies.
- The course also offers strong knowledge in the Embedded system design covering thrust areas, such as, Advanced Embedded Microcontrollers, Real Time Embedded Systems, Advanced Embedded System Design and System On Chip
- Students also have access to laboratories setup with industrial collaboration.
Highlights about Master of Technology (VLSI)
In VLSI Course following things should be covered and highlighted
- Transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, state-of-the-art laboratories, semester abroad opportunities and industry interaction
- It gives an exposure to the complete design process related to FPGA and ASIC
- The graduates will be able to communicate effectively either in a team or independently and demonstrate leadership qualities
- The graduates will certainly become professionals fully equipped with the knowledge of ASIC design methodologies and VLSI scale IC
- Moreover, graduates will engage in professional development through continuing education, self-study and doctoral level studies
- Also the Graduates came to know the complete architecture of Integrated circuits and working process of Chips with its functionality.
- The requirement of improved solutions for miniaturization, high speed, reliability, and high performance computers, necessitates skilled engineers. There is an urgent need to produce quality engineers who can conceive, design and develop VLSI and Embedded systems
- Trained engineers in VLSI design can start their career in the semiconductor industry and become a VLSI engineer. Specialized VLSI engineers can seek their career as front end verification engineers, validation engineers, modeling engineers, verification consultants, PCB designer, AMS designer, DFT designer and library developer.